Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Like any other morning.....

I work shift work. Two days and then two nights, 12 hours each day and night. So when I get off from my 1st night shift, I'm usually tired. All I can think about is my nice, queen sized bed waiting for me...and the fact that I have to be up by 5pm so that I can do it all over again. Then I think about getting home and getting my "Furry" family taken care of (no worries, you'll learn all about them soon enough), so that I can climb into my nice, queen sized bed. So this morning, like any other morning, I got home and was greeted by my 2 cats, Charlie and Squidgie, and then the barking and whining of my mixed lab, Sadie (she gets gated in the laundry room so that she doesn't reek havoc on my house while I'm gone. She's rather destructive). Like always, the cats ran for cover while Sadie bounded around the house enjoying her new found freedom. So off to the door she ran doing her "pee pee dance" as I call it. As she waited for me to open the door, I talked to her, like normal (she really does understand me no matter what you say) and I turned on her shock collar (don't get upset, it's truly needed in her case) and fastened it around her neck so that she could go out to do her "business". While she did that I was feeding and watering the "mamimals" and making the ever essential pot of coffee (I'm a coffee fanatic). Well I heard Sade at the door, so I let her in, took off her collar and headed to the master bathroom. I noticed that the door was partially closed. This wouldn't normally make me wonder, my cats are rather energetic and like to lean on the door and close it...I know...different. So I push open the door, planning on changing into comfy clothes, and I find dirt from a plant on the window sill all over the floor and my toilet. And not to mention, my poor plant laying discarded to the side. I stood there shocked... After regaining some composure, I looked around, Sadie stood next to me looking at the mess and me, and strangely enough, the cats where nowhere to be found. I got the vacuum, cleaned up the mess, stuck the plant back in the dirt and watered it (she still looks puny, but I'm hoping after a few days she'll look normal again). Now who could the culprit be?! None other than Squidgie. How did I know this? Because the shiny, metallic ribbon I used to tie the curtain back with was mysteriously missing. And being the ever knowing "mom" that I am, I know that Squidgie likes eating ribbons, hair ties, rubber bands, and things of that nature. She's also more curious about things than my almost 8 yr old orange tabby male, Charlie. So, it wasn't like any other morning, I had to vacuum before going to bed!! But I finally made it there... Until next time, FROG....

No comments: